Feeling Anxious?

Let's not beat around the bush - a lot of people experience anxiety at different levels. I think it's especially prevalent nowadays and it's not fun! However, from my personal experience there are a few things that can help.

Anxiety can come from everyday stresses, financial stress, health issues, family issues, work issues, mental disorders, etc, etc. However, did you know anxiety can actually work for you? If you don't allow yourself to be consumed with negativity, you can harness these feelings and be motivated to accomplish things! 

Anxiety, when not working for you, can have several physical effects including headaches, dizziness, upset stomach, heart palpitations, sweating, and so on. What can we do?

  • Question it!
Is this really something to be anxious about? Why is it making me anxious? Will my being anxious do anything to remedy the situation? Try to reason with yourself. 
  • One day at at time.
This has proved very helpful for me. Even just looking ahead to a busy week can make me overly anxious so sometimes, I have to just look at today (and maybe tomorrow) and plan for today. This is true especially with things like exercising. I get anxious thinking about when will I next find time to exercise, but truth be told, exercise is NOT the most important thing, and I will probably find some time for it in my schedule, but there's no need to get overly stressed about it now. 
  • Talk to someone
Sometimes just venting or reaching out for help can be very beneficial.
  • Change what you can, and accept what you cannot change
It sounds simple enough but I think we tend to get ourselves very anxious over a lot of things beyond our control. Stressing out about things beyond our control won't do ANYTHING to help. It's better to be calm and accepting of unpleasant situations or circumstances so that you can deal with it. 
  • Pray
For me personally, I find prayer to be a great privilege where I can pour out my heart to God and find real comfort. 

Practical Things to Do:
  • Bubble Baths
  • Take a Walk
  • Read 
  • Self-care: Paint your Nails, etc
  • Write a card to someone
  • Call a friend
  • Watch a funny movie
  • Color 
  • Listen to music
I hope some of these tips can help! Do you have any tips or tricks for dealing with anxiety?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List