Suppdate!

Hello there!

It feels like forever since I've sat down at the keyboard to do a blog post. In case you didn't know, I went to Europe for a month! More on that later.

I thought I would do a post on what supplements I've been using lately which is a bit ironic since I fell off the supplement wagon a bit while I was away. I don't think supplements are necessary, hence the term: supplement. I do feel they can be used to fill in gaps you may have AKA to supplement your diet.

First up: Collagen - it's so hot right now. Collagen is a protein found in connective tissues. In it's pure form, as a supplement, it can be easily absorbed. Some benefits of collagen include skin health, bone health, gut health, hair and nails, etc. I haven't taken it consistently enough to notice any real effects, however, I've heard many testify that it has made a difference in those aspects I mentioned.

Biotin - I want long, luxurious hair! Biotin is a vitamin that helps with hair, skin and nails.  I've been struggling with my hair health for some time now so I'm eager to restore it to being healthy and strong. I'm currently taking Healthy Delights biotin chews which are so tasty! When I'm out of those, I take generic biotin in pill form. It gets the job done.

Probiotics - Probiotics are living microorganisms that are good for the gut! They boost the immune system and aid in overall gut health which is shown to impact so much! I think I've mentioned Smarty Pants Vitamins before, but I'll say it again. They are delicious! They seem to be high quality and I love their gummy probiotics. However, I don't take them every day. For instance, if I have a Lifeway kefir cup, I may not supplement with a probiotic that day. I'm not a doctor so I don't know how that works out, but it's what I do.

Creatine - Creatine is a organic acid in our bodies that facilitates recycling of ATP (energy) in muscle and brain cells. Creatine is found naturally in our bodies and in a carnivorous diet, however, supplementing with creatine has been shown to improve performance in anaerobic exercise and increase muscle growth. I use Slap Nutrition Sangria creatine monohydrate which is naturally flavored and sweetened and tastes really good! Find it at weslap.com and use code HAPPY for 10% off.

Do you take any supplements? Do you like your supplements to taste good or do you stick to the basics? Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List