Life Changing Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies!

Tahini? In cookies?

I know what you're thinking. "She's totally lost it."

But wait, this is actually a remake from @kalejunkie on Instagram. I had seen a few Instagram posts of others making her cookies so I had to give it a try.

Just a few simple ingredients: egg, maple syrup, almond flour, tahini, chocolate chips, baking soda, and sea salt.

I followed her directions precisely and they came out perfectly. What I noticed:

  • I got 15-16 cookies and she states the recipe yields 10-12
  • I baked half on a silicone baking mat and half on parchment on a cookie tray and the ones baked on the silicone mat came out thicker and more aesthetic
  • Reducing the chocolate chips was a mistake lol 
So how are they? 

Well, in my honest opinion, "life-changing" may be a bit dramatic of a claim. They are good, yes, very good, but I've had very good cookies before. The key is the sea salt. It perfectly complements the flavors of the tahini and chocolate. The texture of the cookie is great! They are soft and chewy, moist and dense - everything a cookie should be. No one will know they are gluten-free! 

Full disclosure: my parents thought they tasted weird, not bad, but weird. My friend and her mom who are gluten-free loved them so to each his own! 

I would definitely recommend trying these out because they are delicious, unique, so easy and perfect for anyone with intolerances or allergies since they are gluten free, nut free and dairy free

Find Nicole's recipe on her blog here: kalejunkie.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List