'Tis the Season for Enlightened Ice Cream

Have I mentioned that I love Enlightened?

Aside from their fun and interactive social media, they have great customer service, amazing healthy ice cream and tasty roasted broad beans. 

But wait, there's more. They have released three seasonal flavors! Could I be any more excited? (Please tell me you read that in the voice of Chandler Bing!)

Triple Shot Espresso
320 calories per pint

Not for the faint of heart, this gives you a triple shot of espresso via espresso ice cream base with espresso ribbons and espresso chips. The bold flavor will hit you in the face and knock you down. I loved the rich espresso flavor so I enjoyed this pint even more than I expected to, but if coffee is not your thing, you may want to try a different flavor.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
240 calories per pint

How basic are you? Pumpkin spice latte has a reputation for being the fall drink of "basic white girls", however, I've never actually had a pumpkin spice latte! Oops! This flavor has a pumpkin ice cream base with an espresso swirl. I thought they executed this flavor well and I really enjoyed the simple, sweet and spicy pumpkin base. It tastes just the way pumpkin ice cream should. The espresso swirl adds a little bit of depth to the flavor and mimics a true pumpkin spice latte. 

White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha 
360 calories per pint

White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha
This flavor has a coffee ice cream base, chocolate peppermint swirl and white chocolate chips. If mix-ins are your thing, this is the pint for you. The coffee ice cream gives a nice backdrop to execute to barista inspired pint. The chocolate peppermint swirl was so thick and fudge-like in consistency, it was unbelievable. The white chocolate chips add to the interest and give a sweet little bite to it. Somehow, all these flavors combine to give you: White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha and it is just as magical as it sounds.

All in all, I think they would've had wider appeal by sticking with classic flavors and not the barista collection, however, since I love coffee and coffee ice cream, it works for me. I really liked the pumpkin spice latte and think I would choose that as my number one from the three of these but it's hard to rank two and three. If you love coffee, I definitely recommend you try these out! As always, Enlightened does not disappoint in providing a thick, creamy, rich texture! No icy half pints!

Thanks to Enlightened for sending these to me! Find out where you can find Enlightened pints here: https://eatenlightened.com/pages/store-locator and follow the hashtag #TeamEnlightened on Instagram!

Have you seen or tried the new collection? Which one are you most excited about?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List