How Sweet It Is - Natural Sweetener


Raise your hand if you have a sweet tooth!

I see you. 

I have a sweet tooth or two. However, I do try to watch my sugar intake for optimal health. I do keep a balance but try to find healthy options to satisfy my sweet tooth sometimes. 

I've used several natural sweeteners and I was excited to discover a new option: Sukrin!

They make a few different options but I had the privilege of trying the "icing" sweetener, the granulated and the brown. These sweeteners measure 1:1 to sugar which makes swapping them in recipes so easy! 

These sweeteners are primarily erythritol based which is a natural sweetener. It had no weird aftertaste. The brown sweetener shocked me at how closely it resembled and smelled like brown sugar! I made brown sugar cinnamon toast like I used to eat as a child. 

The icing sweetener - what we might refer to as powdered - was also great! The texture and flavor was spot on. It seemed a bit more solid in the clumps than traditional powdered sugar, however, it crumbled apart easily. I used this for extra sweetness in my protein fluff and to top off healthy French Toast! It was great! I would love to use this for some healthy frosting recipes!

The granulated sweetener is a great, simple sugar replacement. Keep in mind, though, that some baked goods rely on the chemistry of sugar so you may need to use caution when making substitutions in baked recipes. 

I used icing sweetener in this caramel dip!
I really loved these sweeteners and look forward to trying more of their products. I think they will make creating "healthier" treats so much fun!

Sukrin is a Scandinavian company with a United States branch. They also have sugar free chocolate, gluten free pasta, syrups, spreads, other sweeteners and more! Check them out here: https://sukrinusa.com/

What's your favorite sweet treat? I love ice cream and chocolate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List