The Protein Pizza!

Hashtag Pizza is Life. Hashtag National Pizza Month!

I own more pizza paraphernalia than should be allowed. Seriously. I have pizza socks, a pizza necklace, a pizza pool float (I do not have a pool), and copious pizza t-shirts.

That being said, I actually don't eat pizza all too often but when The Protein Pizza sent me some to try, I was excited to try the cheesy goodness.

This pizza is made with real, Non-GMO ingredients like real cheese, olive oil, and a crust made with whey protein isolate. The entire pizza (about 8 in) has 40 grams of protein! The pizza is pretty hefty so I probably won't be eating the entire pizza at once but it is still a decent dose of protein in half of the cheese pizza.

Macros for 1/2 pizza: 370 calories 13f/42/20p

I popped in the oven and gave it a try! I also added some Italian seasoning because I like to get fancy!
Before the Oven!
I baked the pizza for about 9 minutes (the instructions directed to bake it for 8-10 minutes). Then I snapped a few pictures and dug in. The pizza tasted pretty good. I'll be honest, it didn't compare to Italy, duh. In my opinion, it tasted like a frozen pizza. I didn't notice anything weird or off-putting as a result of the protein so I would say it was pretty successful. I'm also a fan of pepperoni so I would have enjoyed that option as well. Another thing to note is that my cheese was cold. I was told by the company that I should bake it until the cheese shreds don't look like shreds, so it's possible I undercooked it and then it cooled even more as I snapped the pictures. The cheese was delicious, the crust was thick and the sauce had a light sweetness to it.

Overall, I would like it to have a more complex flavor profile and I will have to try cooking it longer next time, however, for a frozen protein pizza, it's pretty good. 

Cheese please!
What's your opinion on frozen pizza versus pizza chains? I've always preferred chains to a Digornios lol!

If you're looking for pizza packed with protein, check out The Protein Pizza.

Comments

  1. I love your honest product reviews!!
    Protein pizza is my new obsession, I’m gonna have to try this one!!
    My Instagram name is:
    barefootedlife1991

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List