My Favorite Snacks

Snacks on Snacks on Snacks!

Whether I'm on a road trip, commuting, or just relaxing at home - I love to snack! Who's with me?!

Here are some of my favorite snacks:


  • Popcorn - yeah, I really like popcorn. See my post on my Top Three Popcorns for some recommendations, or pop your own at home!
  • Fruits and vegetables - If this seems obvious, sorry, but I truly do like snacking on these. My go-to fruit for on-the-go is an apple. I also like freeze-dried fruit, clementines, berries, etc. These all make for great snacks for a little pick-me-up packed with nutrients. My favorite vegetables to snack on are celery sticks, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, etc. 
  • Pickles! Pickles just seem different from fruits and vegetables lol. I've been really loving the Oh Snap! brand of pickle chips lately!
  • Biena roasted chickpeas - they come in a great assortment of flavors from barbecue to sour cream and onion to cinnamon, even chocolate coated ones! They have a satisfying crunch with the benefits of beans! Check out my review here: Muy Bien Snacks
  • Enlightened crisps - these are roasted fava bean crisps, the ingredients are simple and the result is delicious! I love to order the sampler box so I can get a taste of every flavor in convenient 100 calorie packs. Disclaimer: I don't like the wasabi! lol I just can't do it, so I share that one with a friend. You can use my discount code: HEALTHYHAPPY20 to get a discount on eatenlightened.com
  • Meat sticks/jerky - These make a great satiating snack packed with protein and they're very convenient for travel. Lately I've been loving the uncured turkey pepperoni sticks from Vermont Smoke & Cure. Their meats are raised without antibiotics, no added hormones and vegetarian fed. They are made without sodium nitrate and no preservatives. Other meat snacks brands I've enjoyed are Chef's Cut, Field Trip, Lawless Jerky, and Think Jerky. 
  • Greek yogurt/skyr/kefir/quark - these protein packed dairy products make a great snack! I like chobani, siggi's, lifeway kefir and elli quark! They all come in a great range of flavors!
What are your go-to snacks? Do you tend towards sweet or savory? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List