Product Review: Detour Bars

I recently had the privilege to try samples of the Detour Simple Bars in Salted Caramel Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chip Caramel, and Caramel Peanut. Bring on the caramel! I also tried the Smart line including: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Blueberry, and Apple Cinnamon so far. 

The Simple Bars were all coated in chocolate which is a win in my book. They all tasted pretty similar in my opinion. The peanut one had chunks of peanuts and reminded me of a Snickers bar! The caramel flavor was a little bit stronger in the Salted Caramel cookie dough and the Chocolate chip one was studded with chocolate chips per the name. I really enjoyed all of them to my surprise. I didn't have high expectations. Now, they don't taste exactly like a candy bar, but they're close! 

The macros are fantastic to boot! 110-120 calories 2.5-4f/11-13c/10p
They're a little on the small size as the calorie count reflects but they're great for a little sweet snack or topping on yogurt, oatmeal, protein fluff, etc. I really enjoyed these nuggets of caramel!

They boast: Non GMO, nothing artificial, whey protein, gluten free, 4g sugar and 3g fiber!
Chocolate Chip Caramel Simple Bar
Chocolate Chip Caramel Simple Bar 

Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Simple Snack Bar
Protein Fluff featuring Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Detour Bar
The Smart Oatmeal bars also boast organic whole oats, nothing artificial, gluten free, whey protein, 4g sugar and 3g fiber. That sounds pretty nice, so how do they compare?

Well, they're quite different from the Simple Bars. As they are named oatmeal bars, so they are. They have a pretty nice texture, though. They are chewy but not dry. My only complaint would be that they are very thin and I wouldn't mind these bars being a bit bigger/thicker. They have a yogurt drizzle on top that just adds a little something extra. 
A very poor texture shot of the CCCD Smart Bar


Smart Blueberry Bar

 I actually was not astounded at my first bite of the cookie dough one, because I feel like that name is a lot to live up to, when this is, in fact an oatmeal bar. Considering it is an oatmeal bar, it was a very tasty one, sweet and full of chocolate chips.

The blueberry one had delicious blueberry chunks! It was very good and pretty much what I expected. I think this would be a great addition to breakfast.

The Apple Cinnamon was also just like I expected and it felt like a little kid's snack, but not in a bad way! XD And packed, with 10g of protein per little snack, that's quite impressive.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Smart Bar
Check out the Yogurt Drizzle!
If you're looking for something different and oatmeally, I recommend these bars!

They also have pretty great macros: 130-150 calories 2-5f/11-13c/10p

They also have a coconut almond flavor and peanut butter chocolate flavor that I can't wait to try! 

Have you tried any of the Detour bars? What's your favorite of their product lines? I really can't choose between simple and smart, they're so different from each other!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List