Hanging Rock Hike July 2019

A-hiking we will go! Hi Ho Hi Ho a-hiking we will go. 

I wanted to get together with a friend before she moves and what better way to do that than with a hike! 

We changed our minds about where to go at the last minute due to the weather forecast and settled on Hanging Rock State Park in NC. The park is about 1 1/2 hours from my house so it's a pretty easy drive. 

We did the Hanging Rock Trail which I've done numerous times before. It begins just off the main parking lot and is very well marked. It begins with a descent and then is uphill for the remainder with some stairs. 

Upon reaching the top, there are several big rocks to get a good view. I love a good view! I enjoy this hike because I think it's enough of a challenge to break a sweat, but not too much to carry a conversation and you're rewarded with a great view. 



The trail is not a loop so you simply head down the same way you came up ending up hiking just over 2.5 miles. It's a go-to hike for a nearby hike and I had a great time with my mom and friend. We drove down to the lake but ended up leaving the park and going to Whole Foods! 

Do you hike with friends? What's your go-to activity to catch up with friends?

Check out Hanging Rock State Park here: https://www.ncparks.gov/hanging-rock-state-park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List