Contagion in Real Life

All of this press surrounding the Corona Virus and the bad flu season has me feeling like I'm living in a version of the movie Contagion. 

Everyone is a threat of illness. Touch nothing. Stay healthy. 

Okay, I'm being a bit melodramatic but it's easy to become paranoid about catching something when so many people are getting hit with one illness or another. 

So here's just a quick rundown of a few things I've been doing and/or am trying to do. 

  •  Elderberry Tea/Syrup 

    Elderberry has been used in different parts of the world for centuries as an immune support agent. It has been shown to reduce the severity and length of influenza. Plus, the tea tastes good. I love drinking the tea nightly!
  •  Thieves Essential Oil Blend

    Okay, now I don't know if there's any real science surrounding this one but my friend has started using Thieves as a way to stave off infections and viruses. She swears by it! Placebo or not, I figured I would give it a shot. What could it hurt? Thieves is a blend of Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Eucaplypus Radiata, Lemon and Rosemary essential oils. I think it has a pleasant aroma. I simply use a drop on the bottom of my feet when I feel like I've been exposed to someone ill. This is per my friend's instructions and again, no scientific backing that I am aware. Still, it hasn't done any harm! 
  •  Get more sleep!

    This is one I'm definitely still working on! Sleep is beneficial for so many things, your immune system included! Be well rested so you can fight off those nasty germs. 
  •  Bee Propolis Throat Spray 

    The use of propolis as a natural medicine has been around since ancient times. It has been shown to boost immune support, relieve scratchy throats, increase antibody production, and is antioxidant rich. I personally use this spray: Bee Keeper's Natural and I spray it every morning. I think it tastes pretty good too! The research on the benefits of Propolis is kind of astounding and I love that it's natural. 
Those are just a few things I've been doing lately to try to stay healthy! Let's not stress too much about it. Stress will just weaken your immune system! So chill, out, drink some tea and maybe don't watch Contagion for a while. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List