There's a New Snack in Town: Pop Bitties Popped Sorghum

Hop on Pop.

Hop on what?

No, I'm not talking about the Dr. Seuss book; I'm talking about popped snacks!

We all love them, right? From popped corn (the OG) to popped rice snacks and now popped sorghum!

Who is this for:
  • people who are intolerant to corn
  • people who are gluten free 
  • people who love to try new snacks
Sorghum is an ancient grain that has been shown to provide a multitude of vitamins, aid in digestion, support the function of the thyroid glands, aid in the regulation of insulin and balance sugar levels and more! 

Sorghum is also sustainable for farming and drought-resistant. Winning! 

Pop Bitties has taken that ancient super grain and popped it creating a munchy, crunchy air-popped snack. 
The popped sorghum has a similar taste to popcorn with a bit more nuttiness? It's also much tinier than popcorn which can make it a little difficult to just pop in your mouth - I used a spoon lol! 

They come in four varieties: Sea Salt, Sea Salt half dressed, Brown Sugar & Cinnamon, and White Cheddar. 

I found the flavors to be pretty mild. 

If you're interested in trying them, you can find them on Amazon, check their website here: https://www.marksmindfulmunchies.com/ or if you're reading this in real time, I'm hosting a giveaway on my Instagram right now! Check it out here: Instagram Giveaway Post.

Overall, I think it's a unique idea but I probably wouldn't buy it again. I'm not intolerant to corn and I prefer the bigger puffs you get with popcorn. Another alternative if you are intolerant/choose not to consume corn is popped water lily seeds. I get similar crunchy, munchy satisfaction from them! 

What do you think? Would you try popped sorghum? Do you like popcorn?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List