How's that Working Out for You?

Do you even lift, bro?

Seems like it's been a minute since I talked about anything fitness related! Here's what's been going on!

Running

My running continues as normal - I like to keep myself conditioned for 5k races throughout the year so my regular running routine is 3-4 miles, 3 times a week. I've considered trying out a half marathon with my mom, but we haven't committed to the idea of training for one lol! Let me know if you think we should do it!

Lifting

I actually took the plunge and purchased a lifting program from Mind Pump Media. I purchased their Anabolic program which is designed to increase overall strength. I completed Phase 1, one time through. This was vastly different from my former routine. This Phase implemented low reps and long rest periods. I felt like I wasn't doing anything but apparently I was because I got sore (not an good indicator of a good workout, by the way). I'm now in Phase 2 which is more muscle hypertrophy. I think I may have increased my upper body strength a little and my mom commented that my shoulders and biceps looked bigger! I've also noticed more protrusion of my abdominal muscles when I'm not bloated or full of food. I'm excited to see what Phase 3 has in store!

https://www.mindpumpmedia.com/store/BbLRnLFi
What does your current fitness look like? Hiking, biking, running, lifting, keeping up with a toddler? 

Comments

  1. Ah so excited for your new strength journey! You are definitely strong girl and that will only continue to grow. I think if you and your mom feel up to it then it would be a good bonding opportunity for the race. I just may be worried it would take away from your strength gains but you do you girl. Love Your goals and you❤️
    @phit_n_pharm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely would be a change of pace 😂 We'll see! Thanks! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Congrats on all your progress!! Love your blog and all your insta posts! @joyful_j.j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait congrats on this!! that sounds like an interesting program, so i will definitely be looking into it!! always looking to grow :) my instagram is @morgans_fitsta btw for da giveawayyyyy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List