In light of...

I didn't plan this blog post, but seeing so many people hurting over the recent events, I thought I would share what helps me.


August 25, 2017 Hurricane Harvey makes landfall in Texas, USA as a Category 4 storm, devastation occurs, thousands are still in shelters over a month later
August to September 2017: Hurricane Irma (Category 5) wreaked havoc in Barbuda, US Virgin Islands, Cuba, Florida, etc.
September 12, 2017: 8.1 magnitude  earthquake in Mexico
September 19, 2017: 7.1 magnitude earthquake in Mexico, deaths in the hundreds, combined damages estimated at 2 billion dollars.
September 20, 2017: Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico
October 1, 2017: Las Vegas Shooting, hundreds injured

So much bad news. People are truly becoming disheartened. While this is not meant to be a religious blog, the Bible is truly where I find my hope. The Bible is not just a book of stories; it has a real message of hope for a better future. I have faith that God will intervene when His time comes and set matters straight. Revelation 21:4 states: "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Here are some articles I found helpful:

For when disaster strikes: When Disaster Strikes - Steps That Can Save Lives
Distressing world events: Is the World Out of Control?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List