Dry Soda? An Oxymoron Worth Trying!

When I became more health conscious, one of the first things I cut out was soda. It seemed like such an easy and obvious change for me to make.

Let's be real, soda provides nothing but sugar and sometimes caffeine. Diet sodas are laden with artificial ingredients and sweeteners that personally can cause me some GI distress. Yikes! 

Does that mean I can only drink plain water now? No way! The market for naturally sweetened and beverages is exploding! A company I recently discovered is called Dry Soda!


Dry is actually the brand name and they say it refers to being less sweet than traditional soda. Their sparkling line is lightly sweetened with cane sugar and their Zero Sugar line is lightly sweetened with organic stevia leaf. I had the chance to try the Zero Sugar sodas which are also organic, Non-GMO and have no artificial flavors, or sweeteners. 

I decided to first try the classic, Cola. True to their name, these sodas are less sweet than traditional soda. It had a nice classic cola flavor, bold and refreshing, just don't expect it to taste like a Coca-cola! It pairs perfectly with a savory snack. 

I next tried the Mountain Berry flavor which I was intrigued by. It's sweet and crisp and caffeine free! Enjoy anytime you need a little kick in your beverage. 

Island Fruit sounds like something I should drink while swinging in a hammock on an island and it tastes like it too. I was transported to another place with this fun, fruity flavor. This flavor is also caffeine free. 

Finally, the flavor I was personally least excited about, Peach Tea. I am skeptical about peach flavored things anyway and I wondered if this would really be a "soda" or just a carbonated tea. I will say it was closer to the latter so if your're looking for a delicious carbonated sweet tea but without sugar, this is the way to go. They hit the flavor on the head with this homage to the south. 

Overall, I love the concept and I also love that they don't color their beverages! They are clear and pure. My favorite was probably the cola flavor! It's a great option to have alongside my movie snacks! 

What was your favorite soda growing up? Mine was black cherry soda when I was little and Cherry Dr. Pepper as a teen! Man, that stuff was good. Someone should find out their secret recipe to make a sugar free version! 😉


Find out more about Dry Soda and where to buy them here: https://www.drysoda.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List