Product Review: Super Lotus Snacks

What's popping? 


Lotus Seeds, that's what! 

Popped lotus seeds seem to be a new trend in the healthy snack market and I am totally on board. Lotus seeds are naturally low in fat, relatively high in protein and fiber and low in calories. 

Super Lotus Snacks kindly sent me some samples of their take on this snack with age-old roots. These little puffed seeds might look strange but they have a satisfying crunch that will keep you coming back for more. It's hard to describe the texture apart from being puffed. It's definitely unique! I tried the Simply Turmeric and Salt and Cumin. 

I loved both flavors. The turmeric has a smoky, savory flavor without being overwhelmingly turmeric-y.  Let's not forget that turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant just to name a few benefits. 

The Salt and Cumin tasted like it's namesake; it tasted like salt and cumin! I happen to love both of these spices and thought they were well balanced. Cumin aids digestion and is a rich source of iron. Winning!



I think I am hooked on this "new" snack and it may just help curb my popcorn addiction! Super Lotus Snacks also has a Cinnamon Sugar flavor which sounds delicious for sweet tooth cravings. Check out Super Lotus snacks here: SuperLotusSnacks.com

Would you try these? What trendy snack thing have you tried lately?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List