Weight Gain Mind Wrecker

I want to gain weight!

Have you ever thought that or said that or heard that?

I have! In fact, I’m currently actively trying to gain weight. I’m trying to gain both muscle and body fat to be at optimal health for myself.

Yet, I gained half a pound and immediately began thinking harmful thoughts. “What if I can never lose weight again?” “What if I get fat?” “Do I need to exercise more?”

Wait a minute, gaining weight was the goal. Why am I having these thoughts? I think that gaining weight can really be a mind wrecker due to our own pre-existing fears and societal pressures. I have a history of an eating disorder so that right there makes gaining weight intentionally a mental challenge. Add to that, that everyone around me seems to be losing weight, dieting and exercising more, especially with summer right around the corner.

It’s important to remember that each person is different. We have different bodies, different goals and different places for optimal health.

So my tips are:

  • Be objective
  • Have a support team
  • Journal 
  • Remember your why 
It’s all too easy to let our emotions dictate our actions but sometimes we need to be objective in pursuing our goals. I verbalize my feelings to my support team and that helps me to rationalize my thoughts. So despite some lingering doubts, the weight gain train moves forward! 

Have you ever tried to gain weight intentionally? Did you struggle at all? Let me know! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List