What the hemp? What's the deal with CBD?

If you haven't heard about CBD by now, I'm convinced you're living under a rock. 

It's popping up everywhere and in everything! Is it legitimate? What is it? What's the big fuss about? Does the hemp oil I buy matter?

First of all, the reported benefits of full spectrum hemp oil are quite impressive. CBD is Cannabinoid oil that can be derived from hemp plants. It is non-psychoactive (aka does NOT get you high) and is being utilized for many different benefits. 

Studies have shown:
  • pain relief
  • anti-inflammatory 
  • anxiety relief
  • insomnia relief
  • blood pressure
  • gut health 
  • and maybe more?
I personally deal with many of these issues so I was very intrigued about this product! I have just started trying it out using approximately 20mg a day. I may need to play around with the amount to find an efficacious dosage for myself, however, I like to think it has been helping me sleep a little better. 

With all the products and brands popping up, it's important to choose a quality product for it to be effective. These products are not governed by the FDA so look for brands that have third party testing done to be sure the product you're getting is legitimate. 

What do you think? Would you try CBD?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List