Product Review: Tru Fru

If you dip anything in chocolate it's instantly 10x better, right?

I like freeze dried fruit and I like  love chocolate so combining the two is a recipe for success! 

That's what Tru Fru has done. 

The fruit is harvested fresh, freeze dried to lock in the majority of the vitamins, taste, and nutrition. The fruit is then coated in rich chocolate for a snack that is both nutritious and indulgent tasting! You don't have to choose between a nutritious snack or a tasty treat. You can have both in one. That's the concept, so let's get taste-testing!

They have several different varieties including: Raspberries, Cherries, Coconut Melts, Strawberries, Bananas, and Cranberries.

I first tried the Strawberry variety because chocolate covered strawberries are classic! I really liked it! The dark chocolate coating was smooth and rich while the freeze dried strawberry interior was crunchy and sweet with a slight tang. I found this to be perfectly balanced with the rich dark chocolate. The chocolate coating was pretty thick which I enjoy!

I found the Cherry variety to be a bit larger than the strawberry  but basically the same concept and flavor profile.

Coconut Melt
Banana
The Coconut Melts may be my favorite! True to it's name, the coconut inside simply melts in your mouth! If you like chocolate and coconut, you MUST try these.

Banana was another unique one! If you've ever had freeze dried banana, just imagine that coated in smooth, dark chocolate. It's simple, sweet, and tasty, yet I've never had anything like it. I was expecting them to be more like banana coins, however, they were just tiny pieces of freeze dried banana. AKA more chocolate. Winning!

I haven't had a chance to try the remaining flavors yet but I imagine they will be just as delicious! You don't have to choose between a snack with nutrients and a fun one - this snack is both!

What's your favorite chocolate covered fruit? Which of these Tru Fru snacks would you try first?

You can check out these tasty snacks at: TruFru.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Must Read List