Product Review: Farm and Oven Bakery Bites

 How many vegetables do you eat in a day? How about probiotics? How about snack cakes?

Now which of these is your favorite? Wait! You don't have to choose! Farm and Oven has changed the snacking game. They want to help people find the joy in healthy. Their bakery bites are packed with veggies, probiotics, and fiber!

Just listen to these flavors (and try not to drool on your keyboard): Beet Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites, Zucchini Lemon Poppy-seed Muffin Bite, Pumpkin Maple Pecan Bread Bite, and Carrot Cinnamon Cake Bite!

The first one I tried was the Beet Dark Chocolate.

I've never had beets before but my mom told me they're gross, however, I didn't notice any weird or unpleasant taste. It was like a lightly sweetened Cosmic Brownie. #throwback The texture was dense and moist like a brownie bite should be! They have mini chocolate chips for an added bonus! They're made with simple ingredients: flour, sugar, eggs, oh yeah and beets and zucchini! Did I mention they are only 150 calories for 3 bites?? I was astounded!

Next up is Pumpkin Maple Pecan!

These are the highest calorie at a mere 180 calories per 3 bites. These are described as a soft pumpkin bread with a brownie-like texture, sweetened with maple syrup from Vermont and bedecked with a crunch from Georgian pecans! Sounds like a winner to me! I did expect this flavor to be a little sweeter but it was still tasty like pumpkin bread, not cookie lol! They also have carrots in the ingredients so they pack in about 40% of your daily veggies!

Lemon Poppy-Seed

I often am hesitant about lemon flavored things. I think it's an art to balance the tartness with sweetness. These hit the mark! Like a dense mini-muffin, these would make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack!

Finally, Carrot Cinnamon Cake - this couldn't possibly disappoint!

I'm a big fan of cinnamon and with the texture and taste of all the other flavors, I felt confident this one would be great. I loved it - I think it was my favorite! It has a strong cinnamon flavor and is just the right sweetness. I was intrigued to find this flavor also has pineapple in the ingredients along with your veggies! Three bites of carrot cake bites for just 160 calories that also provide 340% of your daily vitamin A? Sold! Now if they only had frosting...lol

One of the owners, Kay, was inspired by her picky eating children to help them find the joy in healthy. In fact, she was inspired as she was baking a loaf of pumpkin bread that her son enjoys! She partnered with Mike to form Farm and Oven. They also dedicate a portion of the sales to the Autism Society. So come on, find the joy in healthy!

Check them out here and read about their mission, where they source the ingredients and more: https://farmandoven.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List