Current Finds!

A while ago, I did a post on products, foods and recipes I loved at the moment and I thought it would be fun to do more of those posts. There's so many new products, and foods constantly coming out! Also, a lot of people are doing gift buying now so this could give you some good ideas for friends!

Wireless Headphones: I did a little shopping for myself on Black Friday and one of my purchases were SkullCandy Ink'd 2.0 wireless headphones. I am loving wearing them while I work out or even clean. I can walk around the kitchen without having to have a pocket for my phone. The charge lasts 8 hours and they stay in pretty well!

I scored them for just $25 at Target on Black Friday. Photo from SkullCandy.com

Leggings! 

Can you ever have too many leggings? I say no! I purchased these Victoria's Secret High Waisted sport leggings and I am in love! I also got two sports bras from there and I love them too! They're comfortable, functional, supportive and cute! The athletic apparel was all 50% off on Black Friday and then they sent me a coupon for the sports pants for $25! 

Some more ideas/things on my wish list:
  • running gloves
  • socks
  • armband
  • training equipment
  • headbands
  • when in doubt, gift card it out!
Mindpump: Mindpump is a podcast I started listening to not that long ago and I am in love! It's a fitness podcast that is very imformative, while also being entertaining and easy to understand. They give great information about nutrition, activating muscle groups, gut health, mobility, and more. Be warned - they can be crude/lewd at times but they have also made me laugh out loud and at the same time, learn so much! I have changed how I'm exercising and reduced, yes, reduced, my protein. My liver will thank me. It's hosted by Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer, and Justin Andrews. They also offer training programs, nutrition guides and more on mindpumpmedia.com. Check it out!

Eat Enlightened:

I had the opportunity to try all seven flavors of Enlightened "Good for You" ice cream and all I can say is YUM. Actually, I can say more. The flavors all did a good job of hitting the flavor nail on the head and they were fully loaded with swirls, cookie chunks, chocolate chips and more! I didn't get any iciness but you do have to let it sit out to soften for a good while. They're high protein, high fiber, low sugar and utilize erythritol and monk fruit extract to add sweetness. Pints range from 360-400 calories for the entire pint! 

Eat Enlightened also has broad bean crisps! They're roasted broad beans in a variety of flavors - both savory and sweet. They are so delicious and snackable! I absolutely love them all except wasabi! LOL. I just can't handle it. They're high in protein and fiber, non GMO, vegan and all together, great. You can purchase them online at http://www.eatenlightened.com/ and you can use my discount code: HEALTHYHAPPY20 for a discount! I definitely recommend them. 

Bone Broth: I've recently been interested in learning about gut health and one thing I stumbled across was bone broth. It's rich in minerals and healing compounds that are good not only for your gut health, but also for your bones and immune system. I still have little knowledge on gut health but I'm trying to learn more! It's the second brain, as they say! So, I took on the "challenge" to make my own bone broth and it was so easy. I simply took bones from a chicken, put them in a crockpot, added water to cover the bones, and about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Then, I let it simmer for 12 hours and voila! I used it for soup but some people drink it straight up! Give it a try! It's so easy and economical.  

I made homemade bone broth and then homemade soup and then oatmeal muffins to go with it. It doesn't look aesthetic and no one else in my family will eat it but I did. And it's tasty. Trust me. I'm a professional, unbiased soup tester.

What are some things you've been loving lately? Do you have a wishlist?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List