I actually came up with this idea because I ran out of milk but I wanted French Toast! I used cold brew coffee as liquid in the batter and it came out delicious! Instead of using syrup or sugary toppings, I used a mocha peanut spread and Nunaturals Cocoa Syrup (stevia sweetened) for a guilt free, indulgent, and caffeinated breakfast!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- about 1/4 cup coffee (I used cold brew but you could use any coffee)
- sweetener to taste
- 1-2 tbsp mocha EpicSpreads peanut butter
- NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup
- Heat a pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk the egg, coffee and sweetener.
- Dip the slices of bread in the batter until it is completely soaked up.
- Cook the bread in the pan. Flip when golden brown.
- Top with mocha peanut butter and cocoa syrup!
Macros vary based on toppings, coffee, eggs and bread.