Mocha French Toast

French toast is one of my favorite breakfasts! Does it have to be an unhealthy calorie bomb? No! Does it have to be delicious? Yes!

I actually came up with this idea because I ran out of milk but I wanted French Toast! I used cold brew coffee as liquid in the batter and it came out delicious! Instead of using syrup or sugary toppings, I used a mocha peanut spread and Nunaturals Cocoa Syrup (stevia sweetened) for a guilt free, indulgent, and caffeinated breakfast!


Mocha French Toast 😍•2 slices @daveskillerbread •1 egg or 2 egg whites • about 1/4 cup @highbrewcoffee (I used bold and black) • sweetener to taste • Mix the batter ingredients. Soak bread in the batter. Cook on medium heat in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Topped with mocha @epicspreads and @nunaturals cocoa syrup! So good! Let me know if you do it! P.S. I invented this because I ran out of milk 😂

Ingredients:

  • 2 slices whole grain bread 
  • 1 egg or 2 egg whites
  • about 1/4 cup coffee (I used cold brew but you could use any coffee)
  • sweetener to taste 
  • 1-2 tbsp mocha EpicSpreads peanut butter
  • NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup 

Directions:

  1. Heat a pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. 
  2. Whisk the egg, coffee and sweetener. 
  3. Dip the slices of bread in the batter until it is completely soaked up. 
  4. Cook the bread in the pan. Flip when golden brown. 
  5. Top with mocha peanut butter and cocoa syrup! 
Macros vary based on toppings, coffee, eggs and bread. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List