I put cookie in quotations because this is no bake and has more of a fudge-like texture! I used a new to me flour, green banana flour! It doesn't have a banana flavor because it's made from green bananas, so they're underripe and less banana tasting. Why banana flour? It's gluten free, organic, and it contains resistant starch. Resistant starch is not digested by the small intestine and feeds healthy gut bacteria. Gut health is, like, all the rage right now. (Kombucha craze, anyone?) For maximum benefit, it should be consumed raw like in a smoothie, juice OR no bake cookie! For more information on banana flour and the brand I used check it out at Nunaturals.com. They're an awesome company with healthy sweeteners and baking products.
Now for the recipe!
Cake Batter No Bake Fudge Cookies
- 1 scoop Slappy Birthday Slap Nutrition protein powder (may substitute protein powder of choice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp imitation butter extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp banana flour
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Additional sweetener to taste (I used about 10 drops of vanilla nunaturals)
- Combine protein powder, xanthan gum, and banana flour.
- Add in wet ingredients and thoroughly combine. (I used my hands.)
- Form into cookies and press a teaspoon of sprinkles into each cookie.
- Store in the fridge if you can resist eating them right away.
Makes 3 cookies.