Road Trip and Travel Tips!

Summer is full of adventures for a lot of people!

It's funny, I'm not in school or a seasonal job but I still find that I do more trips and travel during the summer. One trip that I take annually is to upstate New York to visit family. I also enjoy beach trips, camping trips, etc.

I do also, however, like to have a good fitness routine and try for decent nutrition. So how can these things work together?

Tip 1: Relax. Chances are, you are still home more than you are away so chill out.

Tip 2: If you want to workout on your vacation or trip, you can do bodyweight exercises, take resistance bands, or do park workouts at your location. Another great option is to just be active! When I visited NY, we all went hiking as a family, another day several of us went for a walk together and enjoyed good company, and another day we all went swimming! Fitness doesn't always need to be "the grind".

The Best Flavor!




Tip 3: Take breaks in long car trips to stretch and walk around. You'll get there when you get there. It's very hard on the body to sit for hours on end so be kind to your body and mind and stop at rest stops to stretch!

Tip 4: Find good roadtrip snacks! One of my favorite snacks is popcorn. I can only find Sinfully Thin brand of popcorn at Sheetz gas stations which we pass on the way to NY! How perfect! I also like to pack fruits, veggies, protein bars and chocolate.

Tip 5: Enjoy yourself. The more you stress about food or exercise, the less you will enjoy your trip and the company around you. The gym will be there when you get home!

Balance!




















What trips have you taken this summer? Do you exercise on vacation?














Popcorn photo from: http://store.openroadsnacks.com/category/Sinfully_Thin/1428.aspx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List