Finite to Fail, But Infinte to Venture

"Finite -- to fail, but infinite to Venture --
For the one ship that struts the shoreMany's the gallant -- overwhelmed CreatureNodding in Navies nevermore --"
-Emily Dickinson

These words have been echoing in my mind for the past few days. "Finite to fail, but infinte to venture..."

I have had my share of failures and failures can be depressing at times. I've found myself wondering why these things happen to me, when will it end and why I even bother trying to succeed in life. However, I have the answers. I keep trying because there is infinity to venture!

There is no limit to what we can discover or explore. There is no limit to personal growth. Failures are inevitable. 

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
- Samuel Beckett 

What do you do after your failure? Do you give up or do you rise from the ashes, taking it as an opportunity to learn and to grow?

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"
-Benjamin Franklin

I am on a journey to healthiness, happiness and freedom. Freedom from societial expectations of body and behavior, freedom from restriction, freedom from dissatisfaction, freedom from the fear of failure. This is a journey with no end in sight. Yes, I will undoubtedly fail again. And again. However, these failures are finite. The freedom I seek is infinite. 

"To infinity and beyond."
-Buzz Lightyear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List