I'm on the quest to make the perfect protein cookie with simple ingredients. I don't have coconut flour or fiber syrup sitting around in my cupboards. Oops? So here's an attempt. The texture could use a smidge of work but the flavor and the cream cheese filling made up for it in my opinion.
I mean, come on, look ate these babies.
- 3 Tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 tbsp dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- sweetener to taste (remember you need to counteract the vinegar and the bitterness of the cocoa)
- optional: red food coloring
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix wet in another, then mix the wet into the dry.
- Add red food coloring, if you please.
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. In the meantime, chill the dough in the freezer.
- Drop dough onto prepared baking sheet (I use a silicon baking sheet) and bake for 7 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool while you make your filling!
- Spread the filling on one cooled cookie and top with another. Or just spread it on top and chow down!
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/4 cup fat free cream cheese
- sweetner to taste
- 1/8 tsp imitation butter flavor
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Mix well! I just used a spoon and it mixed fine. This works if you have softened/spreadable cream cheese, otherwise you may need to use a hand mixer or whisk.
|Take a bite out of life with these red velvet cookies!|
Makes 4 small cookies or 2 whoopie pies.
Macros for all 4 cookies, not including filling:
176 calories 3.9f/22.6c/17.4p (*I used a lower protein protein powder than normal so macros may differ depending on the protein you use*)
Let me know if you try these or adapt them! Have you tried protein cookies or cakes?