Glutes on Fiya

How sterotypical is it that I work on glutes/legs on Humpday AKA Wednesday? That's just the way the protein cookie crumbles. For a few weeks now, I've done at home workouts and that's fine by me! I feel like it saves time and if I focus, I think I still get a good workout in!

Equipment I use: Dumbbells (5lb, 10lb, 35lb, 45lb), and resistance bands

Here's the circuit workout I did Wednesday, August 17!

Circuit 1:

  • 10 Dumbbell Deadlifts (I used 45lbs)
  • 20 Crab walk and squat (Challenge Options: add resistance band around legs and/or add a dumbbell, hold it at chest level and squat with it each step)
  • 15 each leg dumbbell kickbacks
Repeat circuit 3x

Circuit 2:
  • 20 plie squats (I used 35-45lbs)
  • 15 Hip thrusts plus hold for 30 seconds (I used my couch to rest my upper body on and used a 35lb dumbbell to add weight)
  • 15 each leg lying hip abduction (Optional challenge: add resistance band or hold a weight on top of your leg)
Repeat circuit 3x

Circuit 3:
  • 15 each leg split squats (I used 10lb dumbbells and did one set elevated)
  • 15 step ups (I used my couch but you could also use a stepstool, step, or chair and hold dumbbells for an extra challenge)
  • 10 each leg pistol squats 
Repeat circuit 3x

Final Round!
  • 15 single leg glute bridges on each leg (Hold dumbbells on hips for extra challenge)
  • 30 walking lunges (Dumbbells for extra challenge)
  • 15 each leg forward to reverse lunge 
  • 15 single leg glute bridges on each leg 
  • 30 walking lunges
  • 15 each side side lunges with dumbbells
  • 15 single leg glute bridges on each leg
  • 30 walking lunges
  • 20 jump lunges!
Phew! That was a workout and a half!

What's your favorite glute workout? Do you prefer working out at the gym or at home?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List