ExoProtein Bar Review: Blueberry Vanilla!



The protein bar industry is flourishing lately! There's so many different types of protein bars, different flavors, textures, protein sources, etc. Does your favorite protein bar use whey protein, egg white protein, brown rice protein, soy protein, chicken protein, cricket protein?

That's right. Cricket. As in the insect. We all knew they had protein, right? But did you ever think, hey I should eat that? Maybe not, but someone did! 
Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry Vanilla, Cocoa Nut, Banana Bread, PB&J
Exo Protein makes protein bars featuring cricket protein. They are gluten, dairy, soy, and refined sugar free. Crickets are a very sustainable source of protein so I love that aspect of this product. The bars are all natural but do I really want to eat bugs??
Of course I had to try these bars! To be honest, this is not the first time I've eaten a cricket! I've had the sour cream and onion flavored crickets from Hot Topic just for fun! 
The first flavor I tried was the Blueberry Vanilla and I can say, I did not taste a hint of crickety flavor. (Sorry to disappoint XD) What I did taste was a very present blueberry flavor but not overwhelming. It was sweet enough for a snack bar and had a texture similar to a larabar but more crumbly.  

Blueberry Vanilla Unwrapped
I tasted a bit first and then chopped it up as topping for one of my epic protein fluff bowls. It worked out just great! They are a bit higher in calories (and fat) and lower in protein than a typical protein bar so I might classify it more as an energy bar or maybe even a meal replacement, however I was impressed with real blueberries and a good flavor. It was pretty satiating and I'd rate it 6.5/10 (lower score because of macros).

Macros for Blueberry Vanilla:
260 calories 16f/23c/10p

Protein Fluff topped with Blueberry Vanilla Exo Protein Bar, Fruity Crisp Oreos, Sprinkles and Sugar Cookie GButter

I can't wait to try all the flavors! If you want to try some crickets too, you can order from exoprotein.com!

Let me know what you think!

For my protein fluff recipe go here: Protein Fluff


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List