Protein Banana Loaf

Bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. What to do with over ripe bananas? Banana bread, of course. In my efforts to make a macro friendly version, I created this delicious banana loaf! It's sweet, cinnamony, moist and dense! It makes for a great snack or even breakfast!

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium sized ripe bananas
  • 3 tbsp egg beaters
  • 5.3 oz fat free greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup nustevia (I used NuNaturals brand, feel free to use any sugar substitute to taste)
  • 1/2 cup kodiak cakes power cakes pancake mix
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I used Quest banana cream pie)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. 
  2. Mash the bananas first with the beaters of a hand mixer. 
  3. Add the egg beaters, yogurt and sweetener and mix with the hand mixer. 
  4. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. 
  5. Spray a standard sized loaf pan and pour in the batter. 
  6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. The top will be browned. 
  7. Let cool and enjoy!



My loaf deflated a little bit after cooling, I've noticed that happen when I bake with protein. If you have any tips or tricks to avoid that, let me know! It has a different texture than your classic banana bread but the flavor is spot on! Let me know and tag me on Instagram if you try this!


Macros for 1/6 of loaf:
141 calories 1f/25c/9p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List