I had been wanting to try a macro friendly pumpkin spice muffin for a while but I've been so busy! Thankfully, these are the EASIEST muffins ever! I used protein pancake mix as a shortcut but if you want to try from scratch, I would suggest subbing 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 scoop protein powder and 1/2 tsp baking powder - but I make no promises because I haven't tried that!
- 1/2 cup protein pancake mix (I used Kodiak Cakes brand)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (I used Walden Farms maple walnut syrup)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin gbutter for glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or line a mini muffin pan.
- Combine all ingredients except the gbutter, and mix with a mixer until thoroughly combined. If you used a different sweetener, you may need to add liquid. The consistency should be thinner than cookie dough but slightly thicker than cake batter.
- Spoon the batter into the mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While still warm, drizzle pumpkin spice gbutter on top and enjoy!
Makes 12 mini muffins. Macros without glaze per muffin: 22 cal .2f/3.5c/1.6p
Macros with 1 tsp of gbutter per muffin: 38 cal 1f/4.2c/3.3p
Use code "gbuttermeg" to try out the new pumpkin spice gbutter! It's so good and macros are great! For my review on gbutter, go here: GButter Review
Let me know if you try this easy recipe! What's your favorite pumpkin spice food? I'm thinking protein pumpkin pie is my next experiment!