Grocery Staples!

I thought I would just share some of my staples that I purchase for groceries. I'm on a budget (aren't we all) so I do take that into consideration and shop sales! I also use coupons when I find ones that are for items I purchase anyway or have been wanting to buy.


  • Oats - I buy quick oats which make for a pretty cheap breakfast and I've had success with store brand on oats as well 
  • Nut butters - Every fit girl needs a pantry well stocked with nut butters! I put it in my oatmeal!
  • Almond/Cashew milk - these go on sale and offer coupons a lot!
  • Greek yogurt - great protein snack, also offer coupons and sales a lot!
  • Chicken breast - pro tip: buy it from the meat counter, it's way cheaper!
  • Truvia/store brand - My sweet tooth is insane, so I buy stevia sweeteners for my oatmeal or to make healthy hot cocoa
  • Popcorn - I'm so in love with popcorn! It's pretty cheap, there's a lot of variety and it's whole grain!
  • Eggs - Eggs are a great well-rounded source of macros, buy 'em on sale or shop a store like Aldi's for good deals 
  • Apples and bananas - these are my go to fruits! I just love them! There's typically at least one variety of apples on sale and bananas are super cheap
  • Other fruit/veggies - Whatever's on sale!
  • Frozen broccoli and cauliflower - again just my favorites and I buy frozen for ease and convenience
  • Sweet potatoes - I just love sweet potatoes 
  • Whole wheat bread/english muffins/bagels - My local dollar tree gets name brand wheat bread items that are going to expire in a few days so I check there and put it in the fridge or freezer when I get home! 


Splurge Items:
  • Halo Top Ice Cream - I am in love with halo top and probably splurge on it too much lol but a girl needs her ice cream!
  • Zevia - I love zevia for a healthy soda substitute, check them out on Instagram because they have giveaways pretty often, they also go on sale, offer coupons from time to time and I've noticed deals on Target's Cartwheel App
  • Fancy Nut Butters - no explanation required 
  • Deep Dark Chocolate - It soothes my soul. Check the clearance sections - they put discontinued or seasonal flavors there, or just splurge. I like high quality dark chocolate!
What are your grocery store staples? Splurges?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List