I did "cheat" and use a protein pancake mix as the base of this recipe. I do this often because adding protein to recipes can often lend itself to a gummy texture, so why not play it safe (and easy) but using a protein pancake mix?!
Also, I used chia seeds because that's what I had. If you have poppy-seeds and want a more classic combination, go for it! These mini muffins are so easy, cute, macro friendly and perfectly poppable!
- 1 scoop Slap Jacks Protein Pancake Mix (May use one serving of any brand)
- 1 packet Devotion Nutrition Lemon Flex Flavor
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp imitation butter flavor
- 2 tablespoons water
- lemon zest as desired
- Sugar Cookie Gbutter for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or line a mini muffin pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the mini muffin tray.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. The muffins should be golden on the bottom and remove easily from the pan.
- Top with sugar cookie Gbutter spread for the ultimate enjoyment!
Macros for 3 mini muffins (1/3 of recipe) without topping:
90 cal 2.7f/7.5c/8.4p