Review: Revele Whipped Gelato

I am an avid consumer and lover of ice cream/frozen yogurt/custard/gelato, you name it!

When I went to Italy, I ate gelato almost every day! However, at home, I typically steer towards lower sugar/calorie varieties simply because I eat it so much! It seems that new brands are popping up all the time now! My first discovery years ago was Arctic Zero, then I found my love, Halo Top, then I found my next love Enlightened. (Check out my Fit Frozen Faceoff! to see which I like best). I still haven't tried CoolWhey, ProYo, Breyer's new low calorie pints, or the new Skinny Cow pints. One new brand I had the honor of trying was Revele Whipped Gelato!

I suppose I had high expectations since they call it gelato. In my experience, gelato is thick, creamy and ultra sweet. It melts in your mouth. Let me stop before I start salivating.

They state that they use premium gelato ingredients and whip it so it's naturally lighter in calories and fat. Some things that make them different from other low calorie options: No artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners (no, not even stevia!), no sugar alcohols - made with real cane sugar, lactose and gluten free. These are definitely some unique benefits, especially for people who have digestive issues or bloating issues, often brought on or worsened by sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners.

The array of flavors: Vanilla Symphony, Cake Batter, Strawberry, Coffee Toffee Crunch, White Chocolate Raspberry and Belgian Chocolate. Macros per pint: 320-360 calories 16gf/44-48c/4-8p 

The first flavor I tried was Vanilla Symphony!
The good: the flavor was spot on! It was a rich and full bodied vanilla flavor. However, the texture was a bit strange. It's like my spoon sort of just mushed it down instead of scooping it up. It was very light but not melt in your mouth. It sort of broke off in crystal formation, however, it wasn't icy. It was hard to describe, but not what I expect from something marketed as "gelato".

The second flavor I tried was Coffee Toffee Crunch!
I encountered the same scenario as I did with vanilla. The flavor was very good but the texture was a bit disappointing. This one didn't seem to bother me as much but I'm not sure if it was actually creamier or if it was because I was eating it after a hot run! lol! This flavor also had the added perk of toffee pieces! The toffee tasted very good and complimented the coffee flavor nicely.

Those are the only two flavors I have tried so far but I look forward to trying the others. They do a great job at capturing the flavors! I will update this post as I try more so stay tuned! Also, note that I receive these shipped on dry ice so I don't know if that may have caused a difference in texture! If you've tried them, let me know what you thought of the texture!

Gelato, frozen yogurt, ice cream or custard? What's your top pick?

Want to try Revele or learn more about them? Check them out here: http://revelegelato.com/









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List