Workout Program for Athlete's...and Me?

There's two types of people in the world: people who love to workout and people who don't know they love to workout. 

That's how I feel, anyway. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I sit in my car contemplating if I really want to go in the gym today. You should always listen to your body and rest as needed. However, when I'm in the gym, I love it. I'm not thinking about problems or stresses. It's just me and the weights. 

That being said, I do like to have a program to follow. Otherwise, I end up bopping around the entire gym doing a little of this, a little of that and often spend too much time. Following a set program keeps my workouts concise and effective IF you choose a reliable program. 

I formerly did the MAPS Anabolic program focused on strength building. I actually did it 3 times through because I was too cheap to buy another program! lol This program is from Mind Pump Media - Mind Pump is a podcast hosted by three fitness professionals: Sal, Adam and Justin. They are raw, real and informative (but definitely not PG, oops). They totally sell me on their programs. After three rounds of MAPS Anabolic, I made several PRs and really enjoyed it, but I wanted a change. 

In comes MAPS Performance - a program designed to build a functionl, symmetrical, powerful body. It's phased for maximal adaptation. The first phase seems very short which is uncomfortable for me. What will happen to me? These thoughts can be pretty irrational. I'm going to trust the process and hopefully improve my mobility and decrease risk of future injuries! 

I'm excited to follow this program and see where it takes me!

I think working out can be anything from walking, yoga, lifting, cycling, etc. Do you like to work out? Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List