Product Review: Brie's Protein Bars and Treats!

With a million and twelve protein bar companies, it's almost impossible to try them all! One company that I had been eye-balling for some time was Brie's Protein Bars.

Brie's makes protein bars and treats that are kid tested and athlete approved meaning that they use high quality protein, low sugar, and taste great! I love that they are made fresh upon ordering and hand made just for me (and you)!

I recently had the opportunity to try some of these protein bars and treats! I was so excited!

I tried: Sunshine, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, Cocoa Beach, Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Sea Turtle, and Mellow Yellow along with the Birthday Cake cookie, White Chocolate Cinnamon cookie and Brieballs.

Sea Turtle - This was the first bar I tried. It has 135 calories and 19g of protein. It's a chocolate base with a pecan and sugar-free caramel drizzle. I was really impressed with the flavor - it was rich and chocolatey! The caramel drizzle was a perfect sweet pairing for the rich chocolate flavor! It was very chewy but I had just taken it out of the fridge so that might have something to do with it. The chewiness doesn't bother me personally.

Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach - This bar is 130 calories and 19g of protein. It also has a chocolate base with 2 cacao chips and 1 raw pecan on top. I liked the toppings but for some reason, this seemed just a bit more bland than the Sea Turtle flavor. It was pretty good, but I prefer the Sea Turtle.

Sunshine - AKA Lemon 115 calories and 19g protein and so good. If you're a lemon lover then this is for you. It's bursting with sweet, yet tangy lemon flavor and finished off with a raw walnut which goes perfectly. It was soft and chewy.

Mellow Yellow - 181 calories and 18p, lemon lovers rejoice - there's another delicious bar for you. I really liked this bar. It's base seemed the same as the sunshine flavor and it also has raw walnut topping but it adds a white chocolate drizzle for an even more decadent experience.
Mellow Yellow - Love the drizzle!

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough - 200 calories with 20g protein. This. was. so good. I have to say it tasted better than it's unimpressive appearance. It tasted like a peanut butter cookie! It has cacao chips within it for a true cookie-like bar.

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough - So good!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry - 204 calories with 24g protein and made with pure dried strawberries. This bar was good with a strong strawberry flavor and the best part is the chocolate drizzle! Fruity bars are not my favorite but I was sold on the chocolate drizzle.

Cinnamon White Chocolate Cookie - 111 calories and 7g of protein. This cookie looked SO good. It looked so good that I was a bit disappointed to be honest. It was decent, however, it wasn't as sweet as I expected and though the texture looked perfect, it was a bit more "cakey" than I prefer in a cookie. It definitely wasn't bad but I actually would prefer one of the protein bars!
Cinnamon White Chocolate Cookie

Birthday Cake Cookie - 110 calories and 7g protein. Again, this looked amazing. I loved the touch of sprinkles on top and thought this was pretty good for a protein cookie but not as dense and sweet as a real cookie.

BrieBals - 66 calories 2 g protein, these are more like a energizing snack than a protein supplement. I actually didn't choose these but they threw two in for me to try - how sweet! I was surprised at how much I liked them! They have a hearty, chewy texture and a strong peanut butter flavor! They make a great snack!

I am so glad I finally got the opportunity to try these bars and treats - I loved them! If you follow a low-carb/low sugar diet or IIFYM, these bars have great statistics for that. Or, if you're like me and just like a delicious protein treat, these bars are great for that too! My top three from the ones I tried would probably be: Sea Turtle, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough and Mellow Yellow!

All the bars are low sugar, low net carb, high in fiber and quality protein and you can enjoy them as-is, microwaved or baked!

Which sounds best to you? I was surprised to have a lemon flavor in my top three!

Check out Brie's Protein Bars and Treats here: https://www.briesproteinbars.com/ - you can order online!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List