Nobody's Perfect

Hannah Montana might have known what she was talking about when she sang: "nobody's perfect".

Sure, we all know that no one is perfect, yet still, many people are "perfectionists", many people don't feel good enough. I know I've dealt with these feelings myself.

I'm not good enough, strong enough, nice enough, fast enough, kind enough, generous enough, friendly enough, healthy enough, etc.

Good enough for who? Why do I set these unattainable standards for myself? They only cause negative feelings. I sincerely try so hard to be "good" at everything I do. All you can do is your best. Nobody's perfect and if you spread yourself too thin, nothing will seem to be good enough. You could get burnt out.

I think it's very important to have a good balance of taking care of responsibilities and being the best person you can be while not expecting yourself to be superwoman. Take time to relax and enjoy yourself, too. Balance and realistic expectations are vital for happiness.


Plan and prioritize, take each day one at a time, do your best and know that you are good enough.

"And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.”
― John SteinbeckEast of Eden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List