Mini Pumpkin Spice Glazed Protein Muffins

I don't know how it happened, but it's mid October and you know what that means.


Pumpkin.
Spice.
Everything.

I had been wanting to try a macro friendly pumpkin spice muffin for a while but I've been so busy! Thankfully, these are the EASIEST muffins ever! I used protein pancake mix as a shortcut but if you want to try from scratch, I would suggest subbing 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 scoop protein powder and 1/2 tsp baking powder - but I make no promises because I haven't tried that!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup protein pancake mix (I used Kodiak Cakes brand) 
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin purée 
  • 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (I used Walden Farms maple walnut syrup) 
  • 1 egg white 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice 
  • Pumpkin gbutter for glaze 
Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or line a mini muffin pan. 
  2. Combine all ingredients except the gbutter, and mix with a mixer until thoroughly combined. If you used a different sweetener, you may need to add liquid. The consistency should be thinner than cookie dough but slightly thicker than cake batter. 
  3. Spoon the batter into the mini muffin pan. 
  4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 
  5. While still warm, drizzle pumpkin spice gbutter on top and enjoy! 
Makes 12 mini muffins. Macros without glaze per muffin: 22 cal .2f/3.5c/1.6p
Macros with 1 tsp of gbutter per muffin: 38 cal 1f/4.2c/3.3p

Use code "gbuttermeg" to try out the new pumpkin spice gbutter! It's so good and macros are great! For my review on gbutter, go here: GButter Review

Let me know if you try this easy recipe! What's your favorite pumpkin spice food? I'm thinking protein pumpkin pie is my next experiment! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List