January Whole∞

Are you ready for the new year? Where did 2017 go?!

2018, this will be my year. Who's starting strong with a January Whole30?

Well, I have a different proposition for you. A Whole∞. That's right infinity. I propose you pursue a lifestyle that fulfills you rather that a "reset" program or sugar detox or whatever trend you see popping up on the internet.

I personally have been tempted to do a Whole30. I read articles with people singing it's praises and I'm not shaming anyone who's done it or felt they benefited from it. Personally, however, I don't think it would be beneficial to me or to many others. Rather than just being a blog post about why I disagree with the Whole30, I thought I'd recommend a different approach. Whole∞. What does that mean?

It means rather than setting short term goals that may end up frustrating you, making long term changes to happier, healthier you.

Close your eyes and imagine how you want your life to be and how you want yourself to be. I imagine myself with friends laughing instead of stressing about what's going to be served for dinner, I see myself feeling strong and not weak or injured, I see myself feeling confident and having pictures taken that I don't loathe, I see myself working hard to do good for others and to give my best to my God. I see myself living happy, healthy, and free. Now how do I attain that?


  • Set progressive steps and challenges that will change your habits for good. I personally struggle with coping with anxiety, so I will set small goals to go out of my comfort zone in a social setting or to implement a coping skill such as writing, talking it out, coloring, etc. 
  • Understand that you cannot control every factor of your life, but you can control how you react and you allow things to affect you. 
  • Be kind to yourself. There may be setbacks but this does not mean you've failed. Keep pressing forward to the life that you desire. 
  • Before you do something, ask yourself: Does this serve me? Will it nourish me physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually? 
  • Put on a smile. Be a light in a dark world and you'll be astonished at how you happiness can be created. I cannot stress enough how important your attitude is. A positive attitude makes a world of difference. 
  • Do things that make you feel good. For example, I've found that certain diet drinks make me feel physically ill, so if I truly care about myself, I will avoid them. It's not a matter of an imagined intolerance, but rather, getting to know your body and caring for it because you are valuable. Maybe you take unplanned rest days, maybe there are food groups you avoid, but whatever you do, make sure it is for your overall benefit. 
I'm not anti-goals; I'm anti- short term thinking and challenges that may end up causing distress. These challenges may help some people to change their habits for the better, but for many, it can simply be a source of stress and result in an eruption of whatever was restricted. Let's pursue health, happiness and freedom, one step at a time, to infinity and beyond.  


So who's with me for the Whole∞?

Let me know! What are some of your goals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List