Making an EMPACT!

EM + PACT is a company that makes energy bars. But that's not all they do.

They are on a mission to empower women to reach their goals and be the best version of themselves.

That's a lot for a little bar to do. 

They note that the protein bar industry is mainly geared towards men (which I personally feel is debatable) and want to empower women. Their intent in their business structure, ingredients and core values is to take into consideration what women need and want aka something that doesn't taste nasty or make me feel ill.

They use pure, simple ingredients that you can likely recognize. I enjoy understanding what I'm putting in my body so that's great!

They currently have three flavors: Maple-licious, Coconut Crave, and Chocolate Cherry Bling. You can tell they are marketing to women, even in the flavor names and packaging.

Features:

  • paleo friendly
  • 10g protein
  • Non-GMO
  • contain superfoods like flax, chia, etc. 
  • no artificial sweeteners
  • gluten free
So far, so good. 

The first two ingredients in each bar are dates, and whey protein isolate

So now for the taste test. I was not able to taste each flavor but I have tried the Coconut Crave. It was enjoyable and had a chewy, sticky texture that is to be expected with a base of dates. It was very dense. I compare it to an RX bar or Larabar type texture. They are similar to RX bars with the exception being that they utilize whey protein isolate, while RX bars utilize egg white protein. It didn't blow me away but it was enjoyable. I will try the Maple-Licious flavor next and update this page. Maple sounds amazing!

Macros for Coconut Crave: 160 cal 9f/13c/10p

Overall, I think these bars would be a great choice for someone on the go. Thanks to the dates, they will give you some quick energy and thanks to the nuts, seeds, and protein, somewhat satiating

My personal complaints: The wrapper indicates that two bars would be a meal substitute - I wasn't a huge fan of this being mentioned on the wrapper. Obviously using bars as a meal wouldn't be an ideal situation, though you may find yourself in an emergency from time to time, I don't feel this needed to be quantified on the wrapper. 

Also, I feel that making a product solely for women seems a bit silly. They mention that it is "purse-size". Is it possible that in their efforts to empower women, they may have done a little bit of the opposite. Perhaps I want a hefty snack bar to hold me over, or perhaps I don't carry purse or like polka dots or the color pink. Women are strong and fierce. 

That being said, I am simply being nit-picky with semantics. I wholeheartedly love what they are trying to do. I love the values and positive, empowering attitude they are endorsing. And they are a perfect purse size lol!

If you want a convenient, tasty snack that will fuel you and is made with wholesome ingredients, I encourage you to give these bars a try! You never know the empact it could have!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List