Chocolate Protein Cake Experiment and YouFreshNaturals Muscle Frosting Review

My bank account suffers due to the fact that you can now pay directly through paypal. Click, click, done. Whatever, now I have muscle frostings which I had been dying to try. I love frosting. I love frosting more than cake. In fact, frosting is the only reason I eat cake. Seriously. So I had to try this product, obviously. Youfreshnaturals also had a great promo going so I got a free jar of White Chocolate Cashew Coconut Butter and I'm excited to try that as well!


Cookies and Cream Muscle Frosting
I needed something to put underneath my muscle frosting besides my spoon so I decided I would attempt a protein cake. However, recipe after recipe called for ingredients I didn't have on hand. I decided to mix together some things and see what happened. Miraculously, it was not only edible but also had a good texture, fluffy with a molten chocolate center, and a good flavor, rich dark chocolate, not overly bitter and not overly sweet - the perfect base for my muscle frosting.

Naked Cake
This may have been a fluke, who knows? I'll probably try again with different flavors of protein and whatnot. We shall see!

Ingredients:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Slap Nutrition)
1/2 cup kodiak cakes protein pancake mix (or baking mix of choice)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
Sweetener to taste (I used about 5 drops of nunaturals)
40 g very ripe banana
1 1/2 Tbsp Walden Farms Marshmallow dip
2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup egg beaters
Pinch of baking soda (approximately 1/2 tsp)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Combine ingredients and beat with a mixer until well combined. Pour into a sprayed 6" ramekin. Bake for 15-20 minutes. The top should look shiny and bounce back when you touch it.

Allow to cool (or don't) and frost with muscle frosting!



The cookies and cream muscle frosting was perfect. It has a nice fluffy frosting texture with tons of cookie crumbs! I didn't detect any protein aftertaste and it worked perfectly with my protein cake. I can't wait to try the cookie dough flavor!


Macros Without Frosting for 1/2 cake"
196 calories/2.2f/23.7c/23.6p

Have you tried muscle frostings? Or any other protein nut butter products? What are your favorites? Let me know and let me know if you try this recipe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List