Happy Slappy Not My Birthday Protein Cake


Dear Sweet Delicious Cake, 

I am going to eat you. I am going to eat all of you. 

I've been really enjoying baking some protein and macro friendly goodies lately. It's a fun way to get in protein without always having a protein bar, I'm always just afraid that it won't turn out great, however, no huge, inedible flops as of yet! 

So with Slappy Birthday protein powder in hand, I knew a funfetti protein cake of sorts was in order. It had a really good typical cake flavor but it was a little dry. Then, I looked at the ingredients I had planned out and I had planned for 1/2 cup of almond milk but I only actually used 1/4 cup. If I make it again, I'll probably try a little more liquid, so feel free to adapt or experiment with this recipe and let me know how it turns out!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes protein pancake mix
  • 1 scoop Slappy Birthday Slap nutrition protein powder
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 
  • 1 egg yolk (yes, the yolk!)
  • 1/8 tsp imitation butter flavor
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp rainbow sprinkles
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a ramekin with non stick cooking spray. 
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix. I used a hand mixer to eliminate lumps and work. Pour batter into the prepared ramekin.
3. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool. 
4. Devour. 



Macros for half the cake:
196 calories 4.6f18.4c/21p and only 3.5g sugar, sprinkles included!
 
Cream Cheese Icing:

  • 1/4 cup fat free cream cheese
  • stevia or alternate sweetener to taste
  • about 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk 
  • 1/4 tsp imitation butter flavor
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
Macros for half the icing:
31 caloies .1f/3c/4p

Now you really can have your cake and eat it too!

P.S. Imitation butter flavor is off the chain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List