Hiking: Moore Cove Falls Trail

Long time, no hiking posts.

Why is that? Well, for one, I haven't been hiking as much in the colder months. Also, when I do hike, I keep doing the same ones over and over again.

That's all about to change. My mom and I have decided to hike a new trail each month of 2018. I think it's going to be so fun to try new trails and look back at all the different experiences with weather, obstacles and getting lost on the way there lol.

Our first hike of 2018 was Moore Cove Falls Trail in Brevard, NC.
From Behind the Falls

It's 1.4 miles round trip, so it's pretty short, but that was okay because it was a chilly 33 degrees out! The hike was not very strenuous. There are some slippery spots up closer to the waterfall area so be careful. I think this would be a great hike for beginners or families because it is short, not too strenuous and you get the gratification of seeing beautiful waterfalls. The waterfalls were actually frozen when we went! It was so beautiful. You can also get behind the falls. I'm told you can also get to the top of the falls but that it's slipper and since there was ice, we decided not to risk it. I would recommend checking this hike out! Nearby are Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock.
If you don't selfie, did you go hiking?
Do you like to try new hikes or do the same ones again and again? I can see positives to both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List