Product Review: Truth Bars

"Gut health" seems to be a bit of a buzz term lately. Why is it important?

In short, gut health affects our overall well-being from autoimmune disorders, mental health, digestive issues, and the list goes on. 

One way to have good gut health is to include probiotics (good bacteria) and prebiotics (food for probiotics) in your diet. If sauerkraut isn't your thing, never fear - the Truth Bar is here!

Truth Bars have 1 billion probiotic CFU's, fiber rich prebiotics, micronutrients and healthy fats which will contribute to a healthy gut flora. 

With so many protein supplements abounding, many people are not suffering from protein deficiency. They may, however, be deficient in good healthy fats, carbs, fiber, or probiotics. That's what founders, Sean Fay and Diana Stobo, knew. Thus, the Truth bar was born, founded on the truth that overall well being starts in the gut. 

Here comes the but. But how does it taste?

Diana is a French trained baker and chocolatier and it is evident! These bars taste almost like candy bars (Let's not be crazy, a candy bar is a candy bar lol). 

They come in four flavors: Dark Chocolate Coconut, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Almond Crunch, and Chocolate Raspberry Coconut. 

Dark Chocolate Coconut

I heard this flavor compared to a Mounds bar and that is truly accurate. It has a pleasing dark chocolate coating (as they all do) and a sweet, moist, coconut interior. It was truly delightful!

Chocolate Almond Crunch

Another win! Obviously, I love that they are all coated in chocolate. This one had a chewier, nutty interior. The only criticism I have is that mine wasn't very "crunchy" so that part of the name seemed a little misleading.

I still need to try the Mint Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Raspberry Coconut but I have high hopes!




 Do you take probiotic supplements or try to incorporate probiotic and prebiotic foods into your diet? What are your thoughts on probiotic bars?


Comments

  1. I LOVE these bars!! The coconut and raspberry are my favorites. I take my probiotics daily however I think this is an awesome way to add a bit more to my diet. I love the concept of the bars for my clients and my hubby who is stubborn about taking supplements.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List