Healthy Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies!

Did I just say healthy and chocolate dipped in the same breath?
Well, actually I typed it. But, yes. I think you can have both! Lakanto seems to agree with me. They are a company that utilizes monk fruit to sweeten some delicious chocolate bars! They also have monk fruit extract, sweeteners, and liquid sweeteners. The sweetness is derived from monk fruit (Luo Han Guo) which is a natural sweetener with zero calories and zero glycemic index.

Lakanto's mission is to create delicious sugar free foods that promote well-being and vitality.

I think chocolate is definitely good for my vitality.

So with that in mind, I created a low or no sugar shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate and sprinkles! The sprinkles are optional if you want to go completely sans sugar but I opted to add them because they're so cute and fun!

I was so happy with how these came out and they even got the seal of approval from my parents who usually resist my creations! Did I mention these are gluten, grain, egg and dairy free?

Healthy Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup banana flour 
  • 1/2 cup cane sugar/stevia blend*
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup ghee oil
  • 1/4 cup cashew milk 
  • 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 bar Lakanto chocolate, chopped 

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, combine the banana flour, sweetener blend, baking soda and salt. 
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ghee oil, cashew milk, and vanilla. 
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into dry and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. 
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  5. On a sheet of wax/parchment/prepared surface, roll or flatten the dough with your palms. Use cookie cutters to cut into small shapes (about 1-2 inches in diameter). The dough will be crumbly so I used my hands a lot. 
  6. Place the shapes on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper or prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. 
  7. Allow the cookies to cool before proceeding. Melt the chocolate bar (use a double boiler or microwave in 30 second increments, stirring throughout). 
  8. Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles or nuts if you desire. Place in the fridge to set quickly. 
  9. Enjoy!
Is it just me or do you have a desire to dip everything in chocolate when you melt chocolate?

*A note on substitions:
I haven't tried but I assume you could use all purpose/wheat/oat flour using 1 1/2 cups.
Cashew milk can be substituted with any milk of choice. 
Ghee can be substituted with coconut oil to make it vegan, however I would recommend adding imitation butter flavoring for flavor. (It's vegan!)
Sweetener can be your sweetener of choice but it may affect the sweetness of the end result. My only suggestion if you use a 1:1 sugar substitute and want to retain the sweetness of my recipe is to increase the sweetener to your liking and add a bit more milk. 

Let me know if you try these!
Check out Lakanto's products here: https://www.lakanto.com/ and enter my giveaway on Instagram!

Instagram.com/healthy_happy_and_free

Comments

  1. These look delicious! I am trying this with my NuNaturals Banana Flour!! When I do, I'll tag you😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Let me know how you like them! They're very fragile right out of the oven. A few crumbled so exercise caution lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List