Let's Get Real

Let's get real.

That's the theme of NEDA (National Eating Disorder Awareness) week for 2018.

This is obviously something personal to me because I had an eating disorder and would still say I am in recovery because I still struggle mentally. When I was in the darkest part of my eating disorder, I would never be open about it, would never discuss it. Eating disorders carry a stigma. They're not real illnesses, right? Wrong.


People would tell me to just go eat a cheeseburger. Let's get real - it's not that simple. Let's spread awareness so that those who are suffering can get the help they need. 

If you or someone you know is affected by an eating disorder or disordered eating, seek help. 

You can use this screening tool: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/screening-tool . There is also a help line: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/help-support/contact-helpline along with resources for seeking treatment. 

Let's get real. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List