Hiking the Glen Burney Trail

Hiking is one of my favorite recreational workouts! I also like rock climbing at indoor gyms but that's a lot more expensive! Recently, I re-hiked the Glen Burney Trail in Blowing Rock, NC.

The Glen Burney trailhead starts at the Annie Cannon Memorial Gardens. There's a small parking area and it's right near downtown! The trail is just a short 2.2 miles out and back. It features "Cascades" which are beautiful waterfalls that you hike down to. There is more uphill on the way back. I think this is a great short hike! We got very hot!



Obviously must take a selfie

The trail is classified as strenuous, most likely due to being technical (roots and trees to climb over) and there is a good bit of uphill on the way back. There's also a small bridge to cross. Interestingly, you will hike behind a large house and some piping? You also pass "ruins" which I believe are from old sewage workings? There are 2 more falls past the Cascades but remember after hiking down, down, down, you will have to get back up!

Blowing Rock is also a cute town so you can enjoy that after your hike (with a Kilwin's ice cream shop ;) Boone, NC is another cute mountain town nearby but it is a little bit of a drive. 

Do you like long hikes or short hikes? Let me know if you try this one and what you think! I'm not 100% sure on the length because I've found different distances from different sources.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List