Vegan for a Day: FDOE

I like to try new things and some of my friends eat vegetarian, vegan,and gluten free diets so I decided to give a vegan day a try! I've done it once before. My goal was to eat entirely vegan but still hit my macros. Safe to say, the hardest one for me to hit was protein! Here's just a quick recap of what I ate to meet my protein goals without protein powder:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with D's Naturals Vanilla Maple Fluff Butter

 Snack: Nugo Slim Crunchy Peanut Butter Protein Bar and grapes

Lunch: Gardein Mandarin Chick'n atop Spinach Salad with Walden Farms Asian Dressing

Snack: D's Naturals Raspberry Truffle No Cow Bar
            Silk Strawberry Soy Yogurt with Purely Elizabeth Original Granola


Dinner: Gardein Chick'n 7 Grain Crispy Tenders, Sweet Potato with PB2, Broccoli

Night Snack: Cocoa Banana Nice Cream (2 frozen bananas + 1 Tbsp cocoa powder), Raw Rev Glo Creamy Peanut Butter Protein Bar, 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter and NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup to top it off!

Protein Total: 125g

I honestly enjoyed all the foods I ate on this vegan day. The Nugo Slim bar was probably my least favorite of the bars but still pretty good. The D's Naturals bar had a really great flavor and decent texture but it did have an underlying grittiness/aftertaste? The Raw Rev bar tasted like peanut butter and health. They put healthy crunchy things in there, I don't know lol! 

Obviously, I ate a lot of processed foods which is not ideal but it was the easiest way for me to get my protein in, especially on  a tight schedule! It was a fun little challenge for me and I enjoyed trying different foods. 

P.S. Gardein chick'n substitutes are pretty good!

Do you have any food restrictions due to health issues or otherwise?
How do you deal with it? I'm grateful that my only issue is a very slight dairy issue - basically I just can't drink glasses and glasses of milk or my skin breaks out, yikes!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List