So, I present to you egg free, gluten free, (can be made vegan), super versatile and delicious protein cookie dough (dip).
I made it a snickerdoodle cookie dough, but you could easily change a few ingredients to make Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate, Peanut Butter, White Chocolate Macadamia, etc. Run wild. The cookie dough is your oyster..er...you know what I mean.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp imitation butter flavor
- 2 Tbsp Walden farms Pancake Syrup
- Additional sweetener to taste
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon chips*
1. Pour the rinsed and dried chickpeas into a food processor or blender. Add in the cashew milk and blend until smooth.
2. Add in the protein powder and cinnamon and blend until thoroughly combined.
3. Add in the flavorings, pancake syrup and sweetener and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer the dough to a bowl and mix in the cinnamon chips. Optional: top with a sprinkle of cinnamon/stevia or cinnamon sugar!
*Leave out the cinnamon for other flavor variations and substitute cinnamon chips for mix in of choice. Some ideas:
- Use chocolate protein powder, substitue pancake syrup with Walden Farms chocolate syrup, substitue cinnamon chips for mini chocolate chips for a double chocolate cookie dough.
- Use vanilla protein powder, substitue cinnamon chips for mini chocolate chips for classic chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Use vanilla protein powder, substitute cinnamon chips for white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts for white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough.
- Use peanut butter protein powder, substitute cinnamon chips for mini chocolate chips for peanut butter cookie dough.
- Use cinnamon protein powder (or vanilla + cinnamon), add 1/4 cup cashew milk, 1/4 cup oats, and raisins or mini chocolate chips for oatmeal cookie dough.
The texture is thick and great! I didn't add much sweetener to mine, so you could definitely taste a little chickpea flavor but I didn't mind. Feel free to use as much or as little sweetner as you wish.
Makes 4 servings. Macros per serving:
155 calories 2.3f/19.5c/12.5p
Have your cookie dough and eat it too. I won't tell.