Goals and Endurance

“Endurance: It is the spirit which can bear things, not simply with resignation, but with blazing hope. It is the quality which keeps a man on his feet with his face to the wind. It is the virtue which can transmute the hardest trial into glory because beyond the pain it sees the goal.”


― AnonymousCome Be My Follower


Endurance is more than just going through something. We have no control of what we have to go through many times. Consider people who are overcome with diseases, injuries, loss of loved ones, etc. These are all horrible things that, in many cases, were completely out of the control of the affected person.

 I broke my neck and suffered a spinal cord injury as I have mentioned before. ( Don't Break Your Neck) While I was in the hospital, many people told me I was so strong for enduring this. However, in the beginning, I don't believe this was true. I was merely existing through this experience. I cried, and even felt like I wanted to die sometimes. I came to realize, though, that this was my situation and I needed to accept it and make the most of my life. I had a hope and a goal beyond this trial. 

That hope is what pushed me to try my very hardest in physical therapy, to walk every single day, to think of others despite what I was going through, and to strive to have a grateful attitude. It's not easy, but now I can say I am enduring. The hope that I have is what continues to drive me today. Most people do not have an easy life with no problems, so it can be very easy to succumb to negative feelings. Keep your eyes on the goal and continue to endure with your blazing hope!

That being said, I have set up some short term goals for the month of July and for #slap90days2 challenge hosted by Slap Nutrition Supplements. Here's what they are:

1. Relax with macro counting - don't obsess. 
2. Drink more water - 3 bottles a day. 
3. Less caffeine - maximum of 2 caffeine drinks per day. 
4. Make gains - 3lbs up in body weight, 85 lb squat
5. Daily Bible reading and meditation.
6. Attempt to make someone smile each day. 
7. Show gratitude each day. 
8. Research career opportunities and take action. 
9. Enjoy life, be present, love and live. 
10. Embrace my future, but also my past. 

I want to look ahead but that doesn't invalidate what I've gone through. My past has shaped me into the person I am today and continues to affect me but it does not stop me. I like to reflect on these goals each night to see how I'm doing! Accountabilty is key!

Do you have any goals? Write them down and let's be #goaldiggers toghether!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List