My vice - caffeine!

It's goal time! I've been trying to set goals on a regular basis and make a conscious effort to work on them. I'm currently participating in the #slap90days3 "contest" on instagram which is hosted by Slap Nutrition and encourages overcoming your fears to reach your goals.

One of my biggest struggles that I've been trying to work on for a long time is my caffeine consumption. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much caffeine I would consume on any given day. Not only that, but I was drinking multiple diet sodas and sugar free energy drinks that utilize artificial sweeteners. I don't necessarily think that's detrimental every now and then, but multiple times a day is probably not ideal for the body.

I've been doing pretty well so far, cutting my caffeine intake greatly, increasing my water and I've also found some substitutes that I think taste very good! One of my favorite "soda substitutes" is Zevia. It's zero calorie soda sweetened with stevia. Some flavors have a small amount of caffeine and some don't. My favorite flavors are Ginger Root Beer, Cream Soda, and Dr. Zevia, although I haven't tried them all.

Another drink I've been enjoying in place of energy drinks are the Bai beverages. They are sweetened with erythritol and stevia and are full of antioxidants. They have a small amount of caffeine (45mg per serving) so it's a nice little boost without overdoing it. (Monster ultra has 140mg per can for comparison.)

I'll be honest, I'll probably still have days where I turn to a diet soda or zero calorie energy drink - I'm not perfect! However, I am happy that I'm really making progress and it's getting easier to function on less caffeine. The first few days were rough! I'm hoping to continue to wean down my reliance on caffeine!

What are some of your goals for this month? Do you have a caffeine or diet soda addiction like me? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List