New Quest Bar Flavors!

I eat a lot of protein bars, probably more than I should! However, they are a convenient quick protein source that many people turn to. If you're one of those people, no doubt, you've heard of Quest bars. They had a big following, changed their recipe not too long ago, and some were not happy. They've also been coming out with a lot of new products and flavors. They even have a program you can apply for called Quest Labs where you have access to products not for sale to the general public yet. The Quest Labs community reviews it on a forum and then Quest may tweak the product and release it or choose not to. I've been a member and tried quite a few of the products. I actually tried all three new flavors before they hit shelves, but they're available to everyone now!

The three new flavors are Blueberry Muffin, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, and Rocky Road.


Blueberry Muffin: 190cal 22c/6f/21p

The blueberry muffin flavor is a favorite to many Quest customers. The aroma when you unwrap it is exactly like a blueberry muffin. It's dense and soft like most Quest bars. It has chunks of blueberries and what Quest refers to as "chewy cobbler inclusions". Whatever they are, they taste delicious. I really liked this bar but I like chocolate chunks more than muffins. XD
Blueberry Muffin 
 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip: 190cal 22c/8f/20p

This has to be my favorite of the three new flavors and possibly my favorite of all time. It is soft and chewy but not taffy-like. Most of the ones I've had, have had a generous amount of big chocolate chunks. The taste is like an oatmeal cookie, sweet but not too sweet, with a hint of cinnamon. I love this one!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip

Rocky Road: 210cal 9f/20c/20p

The latest addition to the Quest line up is a chocolate based bar with almonds and white chunks. It got varying reviews in the Quest labs program but I believe they've tweaked the recipe. It has a nice chocolatey flavor as a base and sweet white chunks which look like white chocolate chunks but with a more marshmallow flavor. I'm glad they didn't go for a marshmallow texture. I really liked the crunch of the nuts as well. Overall, pretty good but not my favorite. For some reason, chocolate based bars never really wow me that much but if you like the brownie Quest bar, this is like the next level and it bakes into delicious rocky road cookies.
Rocky Road baked into cookies
Overall, I've really enjoyed the new flavors and products that Quest has been releasing and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Do you supplement your diet with protein bars? What's your favorite? Have you tried the new Quest flavors? Let me know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List